Welcome to the Official Blog of the Ohio University Forensics Speech and Debate Team!!!

Pictures from Nationals 2008!

Friday, October 31, 2008

Grace Brikmanis

Grace Brikmanis arrived at OU this past fall and wasted no time getting involved. The freshman from Oak Harbor, OH listened to Coach Dan West talk to her and other journalism majors about the forensics team and she knew it was for her. She has already competed in two tournaments this year, her favorite being the Wiki tournament.

When asked what her favorite part about public speaking is, Grace says,”I just like to learn. It allows me to research whatever and tell other people about it. I love when a judge seems really into your topic.” Although this is Grace’s first year involved in speech and debate, she says she only gets a little nervous before a speech. “I’ll just run the first few lines in my head before I'm up,” she says. And Grace won’t be found giving a speech without her Latvian necklace, which she says reminds her of her family and how proud they are of her that she is involved in an academic group.

Along with the Forensics team, Grace is involved at the Aquatic Center, where she teaches kids’ swim lessons. “I love kids and it just gives me a bit of my week where I just get to play around,” she says. Grace’s nickname is Gracelynn and her favorite food is veggie burgers.

0 comments: